Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How to Take Care of Your Laptop Battery

Every PC or Laptop owners should know this.

If you are at home and are using your laptop with the adapter connected to the outlet, take out your battery unless you are charging it. Or when it is full already, take it out and just use the adapter for power supply.

This will prolong the lifespan of your battery. If you leave it fully charged and with your laptop connected to outlet, I don't know what happens but, if your battery was good enough for 10 hours, now it will just make your laptop stay alive for less than an hour.
This is what happened to my battery. I was able to do so many things for my laptop when it was new, but now it only reaches a maximum of 45 minutes. It was because I am using my laptop like a desktop and I didn't know that I should take the battery off.

So, here's how to do it.

1. If you are using the laptop away from home at a later time, charge the battery to full. If you are using the laptop as a desktop replacement, charge the battery to around 45%.

2. Take out the battery and be sure to plug the power adapter is plugged to the outlet in order for the laptop not to turn off.

3. For the people using the laptop as a desktop replacement, charge your battery every week and up to 45% charge only. This charge will most likely dissipate throughout the week.


So, that's how to take care of your laptop's battery. Laptop batteries are expensive! So, take care of it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment